Working under the supervision of a nursing, the Nurse Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position|
's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program or currently enrolled in nursing program with completion of a nursing fundamentals course or certified as an EMT.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Mainland Medical Center, a campus of Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, is committed to the care and improvement of human life throughout...