Nemours is seeking a part-time Registered Nurse II to join our Hematology/Oncology team at our clinic in Jacksonville, Florida.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours provides world-class clinical care in four states: Delaware, Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In Jacksonville, the Nemours Children’s Clinic offers primary care physicians and families a much needed resource for children with complicated health issues. Our Nemours physicians care for children in partnership with Wolfson Children’s Hospital, delivering specialty programs named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report for diabetes & endocrinology, oncology, neurology, pulmonology and urology.
This part-time position is responsible for assisting the pediatric clinical and data management operations of the Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program of Mayo Clinic, Nemours Children’s Clinic and Wolfson Children's Hospital. This position works closely with the Pediatric Transplant Coordinator and the BMT Program and Accreditation Manager. Responsibilities include assisting with clinical and non-clinical functions related to transplant coordination. This position will also maintain a patient database, report patient information to necessary third parties in a timely manner, and maintain patient data charts that will include source documents for all data reported and will be presented to auditors/inspectors when requested.
- Assists the Transplant Coordinator with clinical functions such as performing bone marrow harvests; initiating donor searches; obtaining insurance approvals; providing education to patients, families and staff; and discharge planning.
- Assists the Transplant Coordinator with non-clinical functions such as facilitating weekly transplant meetings, policy review, timely completion of Cord Blood Reports, and requesting patient records as needed throughout all stages of the transplant process.
- Assists in all phases of FACT accreditation/regulatory readiness. This may include submission of necessary information prior to the inspection, preparation of all charts to be reviewed upon inspection, a physical presence during the inspection, and assistance with the correction of all deficiencies within the pediatric program when requested by the BMT Program and Accreditation Manager.
- Assists in the maintenance of a joint database with Mayo Clinic needed for program operation. Interacts with internal staff, as well as staff at other regulatory entities as needed, to respond to questions related to subjects within the database.
- Assists with pediatric BMT data management and assisting the program in the reporting of information in a timely manner to all necessary organizations as instructed by the Program Director/Medical Director and in accordance with federal legislation. Submission of data is expected to meet the requirements set forth by those entities, such as the NMDP/CIBMTR 90% compliance rating.
- Prepares Data Management Quality Management reports and audits, as assigned.
Part-time, 20 hours/week.
- BSN degree.
- Florida Registered Nursing (RN) License.
- Three years pediatric experience.
- Hematology/oncology experience preferred.
- Certified in BCLS; prefer PALS.
Don’t miss out on important health care news and updates from Nemours – connect with us on…
Facebook (Fan Page) | YouTube | Twitter | Flickr
As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours is committed to focusing on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Hospital, Health Care, Healthcare, Medical, Clinical, Pediatrics, Pediatric, Children, Child, Neonatal, RN, Registered Nurse, BSN, MSN, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing, Cancer, Oncological, Hem/Onc, Hematology, Hematological, BMT, Bone Marrow Transplant, Chemo, Chemotherapy, OCN, Oncology Nursing Certification, Infusion
Nemours - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of...