Nurses care for outpatients who received anesthesia for a surgical or endoscopic procedure and begin the admission process for elective inpatients. This unit also provides outpatient infusion services such as blood transfusions and certain medications (no chemo). In addition, this position requires assisting with GI endoscopy procedures: EGD, Colonoscopy and ERCP procedures. Some call is required.
- GI endoscopy experience preferred.
- Current PA RN license and ACLS required.
- Preference for someone with same day surgery experience.
- IV skills preferred but will train.
- Must have at least one year's experience on a medical surgical unit or emergency room.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent team and communication skills required.
- This person will also rotate to our off-site GI endoscopy center.
- Daily working conditions involve sustained physical effort such as lifting, moving or otherwise positioning of patients weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Mobility throughout department required, sometimes urgently.
- May be required to work irregular hours.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, various external contacts, clients, customers and visitors of the hospital.
- Risk of lost time due to occupational hazards and exposure to communicable diseases.
- Possible eye strain due to prolonged use of CRT/computer.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Allentown, Bethlehem, Bedminster, Bucks County, Chalfont, Colmar, Coopersburg, Doylestown, Dublin, Franconia, Harleysville, Hatfield, Hellertown, Hilltown, Kulpsville, Lansdale, Line Lexington, Pennsburg, Perkasie, Philadelphia, Pottstown, Quakertown, Reading, Schwenksville, Sellersville, Souderton, Sumneytown, Telford, Tinicum, Trumbauersville, Zieglerville, Pennsylvania, PA, Med/Surg, Med-Surg, Med Surg, Medical/Surgical, Medical-Surgical, Medical Surgical, OR, Operating Room, Surgery, AORN, Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses, BSN, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Preop, Pre-op, Postop, Post-op, Scrub, Registered Nurse, RN, MSN, Master's Degree in Nursing, RNFA, CNOR, Endoscopy, Intestine, Upper GI, Lower GI, Gastrointestinal, Scope
Grand View Hospital - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Grand View Hospital was founded in 1913 as the first community hospital in Bucks County. Today, Grand View has grown to become the primary...