SUMMARY: Supervises a Nursery Farm and personnel for Seaboard Farms under the direction of the Nursery Production Manager by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and coaching to all employees that report to this area.
- Scheduling and planning weekly activities.
- Communicating the daily schedule and plans to employees at the start of every work day.
- Tour, coach, and follow up with personnel daily.
- Personal administrative time, for doing paperwork, planning and production analysis.
- Perform Performance appraisals with employees on regularly scheduled intervals.
- Manage and record employee hours, time cards, attendance, vacation, holidays, sick leave records, and notify supervisor of any concerns.
- Assure production tasks, company policies and regulations are adhered to as outlined in training/procedure manuals.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
Maintaining High Herd Health and Bio-security personally and through employees by:
- Maintaining the alarm system and all emergency systems, and answering all alarm calls in a prompt and proper way.
- Providing and monitoring proper animal comfort with ventilation and heating management.
- Giving timely medication and care of sick or injured swine by approved vaccination programs.
- Maintaining clean disinfectant foot baths in designated areas.
- Cleaning and disinfecting buildings according to schedule.
- Following proper load in, load out procedures and dispose of dead animals daily.
- Follow bio-security downtime chart and shower thoroughly before entering production units.
Maintain Proper Department and Farm appearance by:
- Scraping manure and sweeping aisles as needed.
- Washing buildings and equipment as needed and scheduled.
- Assisting in cleaning and maintaining office and all farm areas and keep trash picked up.
- Mowing grass and weeds around farm site, perimeter fences, chutes, etc.
- Complete weekly production report and have to production manager by the designated time the following Monday.
- Assure that employees complete all records accurately and legibly on a daily basis, and turn them in to the office daily.
- Turn in complete and accurate time cards by biweekly deadlines.
- Maintain a reasonable inventory of necessary supplies and account for inventory changes.
- Call in feed orders and animal movements at proper designated times.
- Follow proper withdraw times on all cull sales.
- Monitor and maintain lagoon levels within acceptable guidelines.
- Conserve fresh water whenever possible and electrical and gas usage.
- Maintain vehicles in good operating condition and notify problems to the Production Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises employees in a Nursery Farm under the direction of the Nursery Production Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual skills preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to perform necessary calculations for completion of Nursery farm paperwork.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies and procedures and directions from upper management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a current valid driver license and an acceptable MVR.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds and sometimes push and/or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
Seaboard Foods - 14 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...