This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift, including weekends
- Completion of an approved nursing assistant course or 1 semester of Nursing School
- Current CPR certification required
- CNA certification not required
- One year recent acute care experience preferred
- Basic patient care skills
- Excellent customer service and communications skills required
- Ability to perform all baseline patient care under guidance of RN required
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal
Provide quality patient care and excellent customer service. Computerized documentation of ADL's, I & O's and Vital signs. Sharp Memorial nursing assistant float pool employees have the opportunity to work in a variety of departments including SMBHW, OPP and Rehab as well as SMH this gives them an opportunity to experience a diverse patient population. We offer flexible scheduling with the opportunity for you to create your own schedule.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 18 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...