This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, working every other weekend.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current BLS certification required
- 1 year recent inpatient acute hospital Nursing Assistant experience; or currently enrolled as a BSN nursing student required
- General nursing assistant skills; excellent communication skills required
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Fluent knowledge of (written and spoken) English is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
The nursing assistant supports the patient and family by working with the interdisciplinary team under the direct supervision of the licensed registered nurse. The nursing assistant contributes to overall unit functions, provides care and performs duties including but not limited to: personal hygiene care, obtains and reports vital signs, assists with ADL’s, maintains patient safety and delivers care with consideration of age appropriate needs. Answering phones, answering call lights, and computer order entry are expectations.
This is a 30 bed oncology unit with some general medical/surgical patient overflow. The unit offers interdisciplinary, family centered, holistic care.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 17 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...