This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour shift: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, working every other weekend.
- Completion of an approved Nursing Assistant course required
- Current CPR certification required
- CNA license preferred
- At least 1 year of Nursing Assistant experience required
- Ability to type
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work required
- Effective interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team work required
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English
Perform all baseline patient care skills under the guidance of a Licensed Nurse.
The Ortho unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital is a 32 bed unit. The staff on this unit consists of RN’s and CNA’s with long term employment and stability that have positive attitudes and exhibit quality leadership. Learning opportunities are ample and challenging.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 21 months ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...