This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift, weekends as needed
- Intra-Unit Posting ~ Position Open to Current Sharp Memorial Hospital Emergency Room RNs Only
- Bachelor’s in nursing required
- Master’s in nursing preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS certification required
- CEN preferred
- Five years as clinical expert in Emergency Services required
- Previous nursing clinical educator experience preferred
Bachelors prepared and/or enrolled in Master’s program nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: education, consultation, resource management, leadership, research and professional development.
Opened January 2009, the Stephen Birch Healthcare Center at Sharp Memorial Hospital will continue Sharp's long-held commitment of offering clinical excellence with the latest technology and patient-centered care. All 334 rooms are private at no extra cost and feature a sleeper sofa where a loved one can spend the night. Our new Emergency and Trauma Center, the largest and most modern in San Diego, is designed to reduce stress and waiting time. By increasing the size of treatment and waiting areas by nearly 300 percent, patients and families have a more comfortable emergency experience. As one of five adult trauma centers in San Diego County, the new center has 52 beds, including 4 trauma beds to serve the community.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 16 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...