The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Infusion Room NAC assists in the delivery of patient care and activities under the direction and supervision of an assigned registered nurse (RN). Functions within the boundaries of the role and responsibilities of the NAC position.
1) Performs basic technical skills:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in CPR.
2. Takes and records vital signs in ORCA.
3. Recognizes and immediately reports abnormal vital signs and symptoms.
4. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient’s/families emotional, social, and mental health needs.
2) Performs basic personal care skills.
3) Documents procedures and results on appropriate patient care records.
Training, Education and Experience (Required):
• Certification as a Nursing Assistant in the state of Washington required.
• Knowledge of human growth and development to modify care to age and developmental stage of the patient.
• Physically able to perform the tasks of the role, such as walking, standing, pushing, and bending; lifting patients, equipment and linen supplies; and performing nursing procedures.
Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Perform The Job Duties:
• BLS certification
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE. This is a per-diem position.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 14 months ago