Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's 3North (OB) department has an opening for a Nursing Communication Technician (NCT) who will be responsible for relaying messages, triaging calls, inputting data into the computer and also maintains competency skills including the ability to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
Educational, License, Certification and Other Requirements:
• High school diploma or General Education Diploma/G.E.D. An Associate of Arts degree is preferred.
• Full command (written and verbal) of the English language.
• Must possess minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills and applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must demonstrate competency in use of the applications indicated on the competency checklist.
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
• Strong clerical and organizational skills.
• Strong inter-personal, customer service and communication skills.
• One (1) year or more work experience as a Unit Secretary in a healthcare working environment.
• Must be able to perform assigned duties in a demanding work environment.
• The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions.
Cedars-Sinai - 21 months ago
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...