The fully accredited program of Vocational Nursing at Lassen College provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary for eligibility to take the NCLEX-PN/VN examination for licensing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California. The vocational program of nursing is looking for a team player who is sincerely interested in maintaining or improving the high standards of the Program. This position may include site instruction in Reno, Nevada and Northern/Central Valley California
Knowledge and Skills
* Exibit enthusiasm for the subject matter and for the students.
* Use effective motivation to create a positive and innovative learning environment.
* Provide instruction consistent with the approved course objectives and content.
* Develop and use standards of student evaluation that are clear, fair, and consistent throughout the course.
* Grade and/or return student assignments and tests in a reasonable period of time.
* Make effective use of teaching aids and materials required of students (e.g., texts, manuals, classroom technology).
* Demonstrated experience in instruction of applicable discipline.
* Ability to work effectively with high –risk, under-prepared, and special-needs students.
* Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively in both oral and written forms.
* Ability to work with designed computer programs and systems.
* Ability to understand and work within the mission and philosophy of the California Community College System.
* Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with students and colleagues.
* Knowledge of adult learning theory.
* Ability to efficiently use teaching aids and technology in the classroom.
* Sensitivity and responsiveness to the diverse backgrounds of Community College students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides theory instruction in the Vocational Nursing Program.
* Provides clinical supervision, performance counseling, and evaluation of students.
* Assists the Director with the coordination of curriculum, staff, facilities and schedule for the nursing program.
* Complies with Board of Vocational Nursing and Board of Registered Nursing policies to maintain program approval and standards.
* Plans and initiates curriculum improvements.
* Organizes delivery of instruction.
* Courteous and approachable by students.
* Instruction is consistent with the stated and approved content of the course.
* Sustains subject matter of the course.
* Applies standards of student evaluation which are clear, fair, and followed consistently throughout the course.
* Prepares complete lesson plans and syllabi.
* Regularly revises and updates course content and materials for instruction.
* Coordinate with other teachers the course contents and methods of the program/discipline
* Holds regular office hours or appointments to meet and assist students
Education & Experience:
Education and Experience
An instructor in a vocational nursing program shall have or be currently attending a course offered by an accredited school in teaching; and shall meet the requirments below:
* Registered Nurse holding a current license in the state of California and hold or be eligible for registered nursing license in the state of Nevada, PLUS Bachelor's from an accredited school or a valid teaching credential or have completed a minimum of one year full-time teaching experience in a state accredited or approved registered nursing or vocation or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years, PLUS a minimum of two years of experience as a RN or LVN within the last five years.
* Licensed Vocational Nurse holding a current License in the State of California, PLUS Bachelor's from an accredited school; or a valid teaching credential; or have completed a minimum of one year full-time teaching experience in a state accredited or approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years; or met community college or state university teaching requirements in California; and have a minimum of two years experience as a vocational nurse within the last five years.
Instructor (Intravenous Therapy/Blood withdrawal): 1, 2, or 3
1) Nurse licensed by the Board of Registered Nursing who within the last five (5) years, who has met the requirements for faculty of a Registered Nurse or Vocational Nurse program.Nurse licensed by the Board of Registered Nursing who within the last five (5) years, who has had a minimum of six months of experience starting and superimposing intravenous fluids in an “organized health care system.
2) Nurse licensed by the Board of Registered Nursing who within the last five (5) years, who has had a minimum of six months of experience starting and superimposing intravenous fluids in an “organized health care system
3) Nurse licensed by the Board of Registered Nursing who within the last five (5) years, who has had experience teaching courses in intravenous therapy and/or blood withdrawal.
The following must be included in your application packet in order to be considered for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1) A completed online Lassen Community College Faculty Application.
2) Cover letter and resume addressing qualifications for the position.
3) Transcripts of all post high school education (copies acceptable).
4) Verification of Registered Nurse License.
5) Verification of experience (May be documented in Letters of Reference, please provide specific dates and job duties).
It is the policy of Lassen Community College to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, color religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status or disabilities. Inquires may be addressed to the Office of Human Resources, (530) 251-8811 or (530) 257-6181 ext. 8995.
Applicants are evaluated by a minimum qualifications review committee and appropriate administrator. Applicants determined to be the most qualified for the position will be invited for an interview at their own expense. For questions, contact (530) 251-8811, x 8811 or firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Lassen Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lassen Community College - 16 months ago