Nursing Instructor RE-POSTED
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Academic or Year Round
178 – Day Salary Schedule for 2013 – 14 (Based on a 178-day contract, salary range is $47,073 – $65,579 for a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and appropriate experience. The salary range is $53,741 – $70,031 for a Master’s degree and appropriate experience.)
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Nursing Instructor at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend Campus. The primary teaching responsibility will be classroom and clinical instruction in the Nursing Program, however, class assignments and locations may vary from term to term. This instructor may be asked to teach at various sites within the Moraine Park District to include campus, center and business locations, and may be required to teach on evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Nursing. This is a limited term position funded by the General Purpose Revenue ( GPR ) grant.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide learner-centered, active learning environments and activities for students regardless of delivery format: traditional classroom, video-based, independent study, interactive video conferencing ( IVC ), accelerated, self-paced, on-line (internet), or others as appropriate.
2. Working within the District policies, provide instruction in the Nursing Program as assigned.
3. Participate actively in the work of the Work Team and other teams of the College.
4. Assist in the ongoing development of and revision of performance-based curriculum using the Worldwide Instructional Design System ( WIDS ) model. Plan instruction and materials that incorporate a variety of learning styles and intelligence to enable students to achieve course outcomes in accordance with College, workteam and legal guidelines.
5. Maintain required district reports and student records.
6. Monitor student progress and participate in student evaluation according to the concepts of Performance Based Instruction ( PBI ).
7. Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to support the primary system of teaching and learning, and to foster a learner-centered environment incorporating MPTC’s standards of teaching excellence.
8. Provide occupational information and guidance to students.
9. Assist in marketing and promotional activities for the program.
10. Develop professionally through an individualized professional growth plan which provides for continuous improvement and which may include internal and external training, in-service activities and occupational and technological updates.
1. Master’s Degree in Nursing or expected graduation from an MSN program within one year.
2. Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
3. Two (2) years of experience in direct care nursing practice within the last five years.
4. Must meet area 543 certification requirements established by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board.
5. Preparation in education principles, teaching and guidance and counseling preferred.
6. Working knowledge of active teaching techniques, core ability integration and performance assessment.
7. Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to design and write performance-based curriculum.
9. Ability to participate in teams and processes effectively.
10. Ability to use PC computers for word processing, e-mail and curriculum delivery.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled