Multnomah County Health Department is seeking a Nursing Supervisor to serve in the Integrated Clinical Services Division, South East Health Center . This is a new clinic and the position will start on or after March 1st, 2013. ICS provides quality health services for people who experience barriers to accessing care. The vision of ICS is to provide services that are integrated and connected to support optimal health, reducing wait times and optimizing access.
SouthEast Health Center, one of Multnomah County Primary Care Clinics, will provide comprehensive primary care and behavioral health services to diverse, poor, underserved residents in the northeast county area. Providing culturally competent, comprehensive primary care, preventive health and enabling services such as, transportation, translation, case management and health education, which address the needs of the whole person.
Under the general direction of the Clinic Program Manager, this position manages, directs, organizes and evaluates the nursing and clinical interventions, and community health activities within the Clinic. This nursing supervisor provides guidance and supervision to nursing and related staff regarding clinical and nursing practice issues. This position also assures the appropriate review and observation of nursing, medical, and community health activities.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Public administration, nursing or other related field.
Experience: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible leadership working with community health, and experience working with/within community health centers or federally qualified health center.
Licensure: Registered RN in the State of Oregon.
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with primary care practices, operations, financial administrations and payer reimbursements.
- Proven managerial skills with the ability to plan, organize, and direct work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to analyze complex financial and technical data and think strategically.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to negotiate for agreement while balancing diverse points of view among various groups.
- Skill and ability to coach and mentor employees for success
The Application Packet:
Multnomah County, OR - 21 months ago