The School of Nursing seeks applicants holding a doctorate to teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses, actively engage in scholarship, and participate in service to the University and to the discipline of nursing.
• Earned master’s degree in nursing and an earned doctorate in nursing or related field, by August 19, 2013.
• Evidence of prior successful teaching in a defined nursing content area at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
• Active Minnesota Registered Professional nurse license at time of appointment.
• Evidence of a defined area of nursing scholarship.
• Involvement in professional or disciplinary organizations.
• Effective communication skills.
• Experience in multi-cultural contexts.
• Experience in on-line teaching.
• Certification as an NP or CNS.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The School of Nursing offers innovative, technology-enhanced curricula for graduate and undergraduate students. Graduate programs include BS-DNP, MSN with a focus on FNP preparation, and MS with a focus in nursing education. Post-master’s degree certificates are also offered in these graduate programs. Courses are taught primarily online to approximately 50 graduate students. Basic and RN - BS Completion programs are offered to approximately 300 undergraduate students. A supportive environment provides opportunities for interdisciplinary research, teaching, and service. Current faculty research foci include adult health in chronic illness, family experience in acute and chronic illness, family nursing interventions, social justice in public health, risk management, and EMR-driven nursing practice The Taylor Nursing Institute for Family and Societal Health, associated with the School of Nursing, provides opportunities for scholarly activity. Opportunities for professional growth are contractually funded through improvement grants, research grants and incentives, and sabbatical leaves.Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Dr. Donna J. Brauer Search Committee Chairperson
School of Nursing
360 Wissink Hall
Minnesota State University
Mankato, MN 56001
Fax: (507) 389-6516
TTY: (800) 627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 16 months ago