Required Behaviors :
- Provide meal service to patients with compassion and caring, honoring food and cultural choices, promoting health and healing through nutrition.
Required Qualifications :
- As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody SJRMC's values. These values are our culture, our identity as an organization. Sacred Trust, Personal Reverence, Thoughtful Anticipation, Team Accountability and Creative Vitality ask more of us than merely completing some list of tasks. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
- Must be over 18
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent customer service skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety à Courtesy à Effectiveness à Stewardship
- Food service to patients: Deliver patient meal trays, and snacks at the time requested by patient. When appropriate, move tray table to patient, set up tray. Alert nursing staff if patient needs assistance with meals. Verify patient's name and date of birth with tray ticket each time you serve him/her. Adhere to NPO signs – check with nursing if discrepancy. Assemble OB , hospitality & joint baskets as ordered.
- Retrieve patient trays. Record intake of food and fluid each meal: Retrieve patient trays within one hour of delivery and take dirty trays to dishroom. Record patient meal intakes on I&O sheet for each meal. Record calorie counts when ordered. Notify RD verbally or in writing of patient with poor intake or eating difficulties.
- Patient menus: Deliver appropriate menu to new patients and those with diet change. Explain the ordering process to patient/family. Assist patients who are unable to call with menu selection each meal. Enter meals in computer, following nutrient limits for special diets.
- Room Service Center : Answer phones in Room Service Center promptly and courteously. Guide patient through menu selection, adhering to nutrient limits for special diets.
- Tray Assembly: Assist with patient tray assembly at any station as needed. Check patient trays for accuracy, completeness, and quality. See expediter job description for specific duties.
- Nourishment stock and temperatures: Take count of nourishment items daily per par list and deliver stock to units assigned. Clean refrigerator. Rotate product. Discard outdated items and foreign food. Record temperatures of assigned refrigerators 100% of the time, alert supervisor immediately if a problem.
- Teamwork: Demonstrate cooperation and willingness to help coworkers at all times.
- Food safety and sanitation: Record refrigerator temperatures daily 100% of the time. Practice good hand hygiene and proper use of gloves. Label, date and rotate product. Pick up objects on floor, wipe up spills.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment: Keep work area clean; wipe up spills promptly; pick up objects on floor immediately; follows safe food handling procedures 100% of the time.
- Other food service areas: Maintain physician lounge snack jars, retrieve breakfast items. Bag snacks for cafes.
- Department education: Attend department in-services and meetings. Participate in QA/PI programs when assigned.
- Healthstream: All annual Healthstream modules successfully completed on time.
- Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC's Service Standards into their daily work.
Physical Demands and Environmental Work Conditions:
- Other duties as assigned: Demonstrates willingness and follows through with other duties requested.
- Extensive walking/standing. Pushing/pulling carts up to 50 lbs. ). Exposed to hazards of steam and heat. Exposed to heat, wetness, and odors in kitchen and or patient areas. Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements.