This vacancy is open until filled. School Nutrition Services Assistant Managers are familiar with and competent in all aspects of the operation of the kitchen.
Heavy lifting required.
- Assumes responsibility for operation of the food service program in the absence of the Manager
- Assists in training and directing employees
- Prepares food
- Assists in record keeping and supporting functions
- Assists in handling funds
- Operates cash register
- Be proficient in all aspects of the computer operation
- Serves on service line
- Assists with kitchen cleanup
- Assists with ordering food and supplies
- Operates all kitchen equipment
- Assists in storeroom and stock management
- Assists with administration of prepays and student account maintenance
- Assists with catering
- Assists with vending operation
- Attends meetings as required
- Attends training sessions as required
- Assists in implementing and enforcing all policies and guidelines
- Assists in maintaining standards in food quality, customer service, sanitation, safety, and professional appearance
- Attends work daily and is engaged and on task
- ServSafe Certified
- Performs related work as assigned
- High school diploma or GED and one year of experience in food service.
- Experience in quality cooking and operation of commercial or institutional kitchen. Knowledge of operation of food service equipment.
- Ability to do a variety of mathematical functions, keep records and handle currency. Ability to communicate and get along with people.
- Must be able to be on your feet for long period of time, lift 50 pounds and work in a warm environment
This is a 202 day position at 8 hours per day.
Minimum salary is $15,789.63 - prorated
Henrico County, Virginia
- 2 years ago - save job
Henrico Schools are well known throughout not only the region and state but also the nation.
The school division is equipped with the...