Nutrition Services Director: Avamere Home Office and Support
Nutrition Services Director
Avamere Home Office and Support
25117 SW Parkway
More Sharing Services
Avamere Health Services is hiring a full time Director of Nutrition Services. The primary purpose of this position is to advise, recommend, counsel and instruct Consultant Dieticians and Dietary Managers regarding accepted corporate standards and practices regarding Nutrition Services.
- Supervise Consultant Dieticians and manage coverage for Avamere Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Facilitate and advise nutrition and related decisions for Avamere Living Facilities.
- Offer assistance to the Dietary Managers to maximize their performance relating to documentation, RAI processes, budget guidelines, sanitation guidelines and compliance.
- Provide consultation visits as needed during regular working days and hours, and maintain availability for consultation by telephone.
- Review monthly reports for each facility to identify potential areas of concern for monitoring and education.
- Develop menus and support facilities implementation and continuous improvement of food quality and budget compliance.
- Implement all Dietary policies, procedures and forms and educate Dietary staff regarding their application.
- Facilitate ongoing Quality Assurance systems, participate in mock surveys and provide materials needed for Dietary in-services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or a related field.
- Registered by the CDR, the credentialing agency for dietetics professionals.
- Strong experience as a Regional Dietician or Dietary Manager in a healthcare setting.
- Must have a minimum 4 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or nursing facility.
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle for transportation.
The Avamere Family of Companies represents a group of independent companies dedicated to senior’s health and well-being. We take great pride in offering “a continuum of care” which allows seniors to stay independent and active. With more than forty retirement communities and skilled nursing facilities in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Colorado, the Avamere companies are responsive to the changing personal needs of seniors.
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability and AD&D coverage.