Duties & Responsibilities: Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Advises clients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation
- Assesses nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling
- Consults with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of client
- Counsels individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life
- Develops curriculum and prepares manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching
- Develops policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates strategies for promoting and supporting breastfeeding
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in nutrition, foods and nutrition, dietetics, or related field.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition education information.
- Knowledge of the current government dietary guidelines.
- Knowledge of lab procedures and interpreting lab results.
- Knowledge of effective counseling and communication techniques.
- Skill in conducting group nutrition education sessions.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: RD, LD. and experience working in a health care setting. Ability to understand and speak Spanish a plus.
Additional Information: In addition, the hiring agency also requires the following:
A State of Georgia Application for Employment is required. Please send to the contact person at the following address:
Catoosa County Health Dept.
145 Catoosa Circle
Ringgold, Georgia 30736
The State of Georgia Application for Employment may be found at the following link:
Incomplete application may result in an applicant not being considered for the position. Describe background in full and sign application. All information submitted is subject to verification.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Only applicants selected for interviews will receive a letter of the position status.
- Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Reference Checks
- Proof of Education
- Verification to work in the United States of America (E-Verify)
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration.
Applicants who require special accommodations due to disability should contact this office.
The Northwest Georgia Health District offers a benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays annually, vacation & sick leave, health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death & dismemberment, health & child care spending accounts.
- Equal Opportunity Employer *
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
State of Georgia - 20 months ago
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...