Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Come and share your nutritional knowledge to promote and maintain proper nutritional practices, health protection and care to WIC program participants for the Houston area.Come and join us!
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Certifies potential applicants for program eligibility based upon assessment of anthropometric, biochemical, clinical, and dietary information following federal and state regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Counsels program participants on individual nutritional needs based on certifications criteria and determines follow up continuity of care.
3. Teaches nutrition education classes following the class module and schedule as described in the Annual Nutrition Education Plan.
4. Oversees returned formula inventory and inventory of breast pumps.
5. Creates and assembles educational bulletin boards in the clinic area.
6. Assists Clinic Manager in the overall productivity of the clinic regarding the monthly caseload, customer services issues, and ongoing staff training.
7. Participates in nutrition seminars, workshops, etc., to ensure continuing education in various areas of nutrition science.
8. Performs other duteis as assigned.
The position may be filled as a Nutritionist I (Non-Certified) or Nutritionist II (RD Certified), depending on the candidate's qualifications.
Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or related field. No experience is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard