Public Health Seattle & King County is seeking to fill a full-time Nutritionist I vacancy in the Community Health Services Division to be part of the Woman, Infant, and Children / Nutrition Services Section at the White Center Public Health Center located in the Greenbridge Housing Development in Southwest Seattle. This position will also provide services on a monthly basis at satellite locations on Vashon Island.
Nutritionists are responsible for providing direct nutrition services to individuals and groups at busy public health WIC and MSS clinics at Public Health Centers and community clinic sites. These clinics serve a culturally diverse population with many clients speaking a language other than English as their primary language. Services are focused on improving the nutrition status of individuals and populations through nutrition assessment, counseling, education, care planning, and evaluation.
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
1. NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line application with completed supplemental questions.
You can attach multiple documents if necessary or required, such as your cover letter or resume. Your options are:
• Copy and paste one or more documents into the text resume section of the application.
• Attach multiple documents/files in the resume attachment section.
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the relevant information in the online application and include the information only on the resume. Applications and/or Supplemental Questionnaires that state "see my resume" or "see my personnel file" are considered incomplete and will not be accepted. Cover letters and/or optional resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
WORK LOCATION: This full-time position will be asked to work at the White Center Public Health Center site and other satellite locations.
WORK SCHEDULE: The projected work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, 40 hours per week. Some evening hours may be necessary. Daily schedule to be determined based on clinic needs and are subject to change. This position is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible.
CONTACT: If you have questions regarding the application process please contact Dan Hughes, Human Resources Analyst at (206)263-8411 or via email at email@example.com.
Examples of Duties:
- Assessment of the changing needs of medically and psycho-socially high-risk clients, primarily pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, and children although some adult clients are seen for diabetes, hypertension and other chronic long term conditions/diseases.
- Obtain and document accurate anthropometric measurements for infants/children/adults.
- Responsible for providing direct client services and educating/consulting with other multidisciplinary team members.
- Responsible for keeping staff up to date on state WIC requirements and needs a strong familiarity with the WIC program.
- Handle and follow-up with WIC client complaints and WIC vendor complaints.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities and Lead WIC Program Self Audits.
- Use client appointment and data systems including CIMS, TREC, NexGen, and EPIC.
- Provide discipline-specific training at various staff meetings.
- Orient new staff.
- Work on the yearly WIC Nutrition Education Plan.
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
- Registered Dietitian License, registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (RD) must have current R.D. License.
- Bachelor or Masters of Science or MPH in Nutrition required.
- Must be Washington State Certified Dietitian or have an application in process and able to obtain within 30 days.
- A National Provider Identification (NPI) must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Demonstrated experience providing direct client nutrition services.
- A minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of experience providing WIC and/or MSS services.
• A minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of demonstrated experience providing training on nutrition services and principles to other staff.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal interactions with clients and co-workers as a member of a multi-disciplinary public health team with a diverse multi-cultural population.
- Established knowledge of local health and social service resources available in the community and skill in establishing working relationships with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform a number of tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and work under strict time constraints and remain flexible to changing work responsibilities based on staffing.
- Ability and willingness to travel in a timely manner within King County to locations that may have limited access to public transportation.
- Knowledge of WIC Client Information Management System (CIMS) computer software.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desired.
- Demonstrated experience providing nutrition education in a group setting.
- Demonstrated experience providing breastfeeding education and support especially to new mothers and infants.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, testing and interviewing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/jobs.aspx
- Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
- Staff may be required to play a role as a first responder in the event of a Public Health emergency.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.
This position is represented by Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17.
King County - 15 months ago
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....