This position is accountable for implementing the patient care activities as planned by the OT-Case Manager to achieve individualized patient care that will maximize function within the home.
This individual provides, coordinates, supervises and responsibly directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel in the provision of patient care utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
This position is with Adventist Health Care at Home which provides home care services to adults of any age who require professional medical care.
Recruitment Bonus Offered (details provided at interview).
- Graduate of an approved school of occupational therapy.
- Currently licensed to practice occupational therapy in the State of Illinois .
- CPR certification.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- 1 year of occupational therapy experience in a setting that involves direct patient care.
- Good listening skills and ability to assess patient’s preferences in an accepting manner.
- Ability to function independently, problem solve, prioritize and make decisions related to patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills in relating to referral sources, co-workers and patients.
- Ability to communicate courteously with physician, clinical staff and patients.
- Knowledge and competency to perform required documentation and patient care procedures as an occupational therapist and to effectively handle various demands of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
Adventist Health System
- 24 months ago - save job
The hospitals of Adventist Midwest Health do more than care for our patients’ physical needs. With a mission of “Extending the...