Fixed shift 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Performs functions to complete data and correct errors for the document flow process of claims to include error correction of any data not identified by the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) process and entering key attribute data in computer identified areas to prepare and connect documents for claims processing (indexing).
Primary Job Duties:
- Corrects errors to appropriate alpha-numeric values: Performs correction of computer identified errors on various types of previously scanned or electronic documents, according to prescribed department procedures.
- Indexes documents: Completes required data in specific identified fields to connect claim related documents for further processing.
- Performs data entry of claims: Enters data for claims.
- Performs all job duties efficiently, accurately and at an acceptable rate of performance.
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Delivers customer service in a professional, polite and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature that are necessary and not inconsistent with this position or pay grade.
- Must meet qualifications to perform the job including satisfactory completion of all training and testing
- Basic Computer Literacy test
- Alphanumeric Data Entry: 12000 KPH
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Well organized with ability to adapt to changing office environment; exhibits attention to details and time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in the department
- Working knowledge of personal computer and application software
- Computer Software typically used: Formworks, Kofax/Content Mgr
Previous data entry experience
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Weight: Occasionally lift/carry under 10 lbs.
- Prolonged Sitting
- Repetitive Motion
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...