POSITION SUMMARY |
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Performs variety of clerical duties to include greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephone calls, preparation of patient charts, collecting payments, etc.
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience Requirements
- Minimum of six (6) months general clerical experience, preferably in a medical environment, preferred by not required.
- Good communication skills required.
- Previous experience using computerized system for information storage and retrieval required.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- The ability to file alphabetically and accurately.
- Communication Requirement
- One-way - must accurately record patient information, instructions, messages, and other related data, via telephone, written, computer and face-to-face communication.
- Two-way - must communicate with clinic staff and patients in a clear, concise, friendly, and professional manner to provide and gather necessary information via telephone, written, computer and face-to-face communication.
- Written - must effectively express thoughts, concepts, and directions through written media including correspondence, memoranda, and other company-related documentation.
- Confidentiality - must have the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality due to the nature of information handled.
Trinity Health - 6 months ago