POSITION SUMMARY |
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Performs variety of clerical duties to include greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephone calls, and collecting payments. The secretary works directly with the Office Supervisor in the daily operations of the department and with the providers on delivery of services to patients and other customers. This position holds responsibility for department and inter-department communications, scheduling and answering requests for services.
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Requirements
- Minimum of six (6) months general clerical experience, preferably in a medical environment, preferred but not required.
- Coding preferred but not required.
- Customer relations skills, required.
- Previous experience using computerized system for information storage and retrieval required.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Experience with computer appointment helpful, but not required.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- The ability to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer system.
- The ability to enter alphanumeric data into a computerized system at a minimum of 35 words per minute.
Trinity Health - 9 months ago