OFFICE MANAGER, [CPP-02]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Capital Punishment Project
Durham, North Carolina
For more than 92 years, the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation (ACLUF), has been at the forefront of virtually every major battle for civil liberties and equal justice in this country. Principled and nonpartisan, the ACLU has offices in all 50 states, Washington, DC and Puerto Rico, and brings together the country's largest team of public interest lawyers, lobbyists, communication strategists, and members and activists in the advancement of equality, fairness, and freedom, especially for the most vulnerable in our society.
The Capital Punishment Project (CPP) of the American Civil Liberties Union is seeking applicants for a full-time Office Manager to work in its Durham, North Carolina office.
Through a nationwide program of strategic litigation and public advocacy, the Capital Punishment Project focuses on the unfairness and arbitrariness of capital punishment while working toward its ultimate goal of abolishing the death penalty. The Project's litigation is conducted throughout the country, with particular focus on the South.
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Project's daily operations run smoothly and efficiently. S/he is an integral part of the Project and who also provides administrative support to the Director of the Capital Punishment Project.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Serve as the primary CPP point person for facilities, computer and other equipment needs, such as fee tracking software and Westlaw research.
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems.
- Assist in the administration of the ACLU's summer and college intern programs and externships.
- Screen and route phone calls, take messages.
- Assist Director with budget forecasting and preparation of the annual budget.
- Process expense reimbursements and perform quarterly budget reconciliations.
- Track expenses and revenue to ensure compliance and assist in budget forecasting.
- Assist in the administration of the Project's grant program for ACLU affiliates nationwide.
- Manage accounts payable for office.
- Schedule meetings and handle business travel arrangements. Assist in planning and logistics of internal meetings.
- Serve as liaison between Project and New York Office.
- Coordinate mailings; prepare legal documents and correspondence. Maintain the inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years Office Manager or comparable experience.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet research.
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal and communications skills. Strong multitasking and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated individual with superb attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines. Resourcefulness, excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with facilities management, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Paralegal experience is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong commitment to civil liberties, human rights and social justice.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: Recruitment@aclu.org . Correspondence sent to the this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "ACLU."
idealist.org - 18 months ago