ElderScript Services is seeking a Regional Technician (LPN) to assist long-term care facilities maintain compliance with medication management and pharmacy operation policies and procedures. This position requires the candidate be a Licensed Practical Nurse and able to travel significantly to facilities throughout Ohio. Candidates must travel throughout their region for training.
1. Perform medication cart match backs and submit medication reorders as indicated to the pharmacy.
2. Assist facility staff with follow-up and implementation of the consultant pharmacist recommendations.
3. Review POS/MAR’s as directed for accuracy and as part of completing match back and/or compliance audit.
4. Provide in-services to facility nursing staff on pharmacy operations policies and procedures.
5. Perform medication room and medication cart audits as directed.
6. Participate in facility mock survey activities, as well as development and implementation of compliance action plans.
7. Complete all continuing education for certification as required by the State Board of Pharmacy.
8. Acts appropriately under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy.
9. Training of nursing home staff on pharmacy policies and procedures as needed.
10. Train and assist the nursing staff in identifying and properly documenting and disposing of expired medication.
11. All other duties as assigned.
In return, ElderScript provides a full benefits package including generous PTO and matching 401(k) program. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Knowledge and Requirements:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of pharmacy operations, including but not limited to ordering and receiving medications, facility inventory management and storing and labeling medications.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of using pharmacy software including order entry, refilling and profiling standing orders.
3. Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices) Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with others Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 5 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum of 3 feet Sitting: 6-7 hours per 8-hour work shift. Alternates frequently to standing or walking Standing: less than 1 hour per 8-hour work shift. Alternates frequently to sitting walking Walking: less than 1 hour per 8-hour work shift. Alternates frequently to standing and sitting Lifting: 1-10 lbs. Occasionally 11-20 lbs. Rarely 21-35 lbs. Rarely 36-50 lbs. Rarely >50 lbs. Rarely Carrying: 1-10 lbs. Occasionally 11-20 lbs. Rarely 21-35 lbs. Rarely Driving: Rarely Pushing: Rarely Bending: Occasionally Squatting: Rarely Kneeling: Rarely Crawling: Rarely Climbing: Rarely Reaching: Occasionally Grasping: Occasionally Fine Manipulation: Continuously
(Frequency: Never=0%; Rarely=1-10%; Occasionally=11=33%; Frequently = 34-66%; Continuously = 67%+
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vanguard Healthcare Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard