Management Information Systems (MIS)/ Office of Systems Integration & Services Delivery, Division of Technical Services is recruiting for a Computer Specialist (S) Level IV to function as an Operating Systems Support Project Manager, who will:
users of HRA’s Logical Partition (LPAR) - including Application Development staff.
- Provide technical support for both Human Resources Administration (HRA) and other
and Windows servers needed to support these peripherals.
- Support all systems software, databases, tapes, disks, and printers as well as the UNIX
software that is required to integrate mainframe operating systems that are run on both
- Supervise and coordinate the acquisition, installation and maintenance of systems
UNISYS and distributed systems.
software and add users to the environment so that more people can take advantage of this
- Manage Page Center( which moves printed reports into viewable files) and maintain this
system failure including working with DoITT Personnel to ensure that all of HRA’s needs
- Design, plan and test backup for major mainframe systems in the event of total or partial
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
- Knowledge of IBM operating system software, JCL, and Utilities.
- Knowledge of Page Center.
- Project management and implementation skills.
Click the apply now button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position