The Transportation Manager is fully accountable for all transportation operations at the distribution center. This position must manage the Private Fleet utilization, expansion, and expense, and direct the daily activities of subordinates. Incumbent must take a lead role in developing and advancing CDS into the next level, including creating synergies with other shippers in establishing our fleet as a logical solution to their transportation needs.
35 Carrier Management
• Constantly evaluate and decide which carriers fit the performance standards necessary to meet our demands and that of our customers.
• Conduct regular visits with carriers at the D.C. and at carriers’ terminals to remain current on all services and to develop new common carrier opportunities.
• Manage all rate negotiations with carriers serving D.C.s where centralized bid programs do not apply…assure that all carriers used provide the best possible service at lowest practical price.
• Draft controls and spot contract documents that comply with DOT regulations, meets BFS goals and objectives, and protects the best interests of BFS and its customers.
35 Teammate and other Personnel Admin
• Supervise other transportation personnel (CDS supervisor, analysts, dispatcher), directing and evaluation of daily performance.
• Determine personal growth needs and develop subordinates for opportunities to advance.
• Oversee all CDS driver activity, expenses, assignments, guiding the CDS supervisor in joint efforts to minimize driver turnover rate.
• Take the lead role in safety and accident prevention strategy.
20 Process and Project Management
• Supervises the proper administration of all transportation related activities performed by subordinates – PODs. RGRRs, special shipment programs, CDS driver logs, and all document flow.
• Conducts special analysis on transportation projects and studies independently and in concert with Nashville, Including supply point realignments.
• Monitors monthly freight expense and VIP reports to assure proper methods are being used to maximize service and control freight expense.
Must have 10 years progressive responsibility in Logistics environment including 4 years supervisory experience and 4 years Transportation experience, or
Bachelor: BS Degree in Logistics / Business Administration or related plus 4 years Logistics supervisory experience
Bridgestone/Firestone - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard