- Supervise staff of material handlers and truck drivers. Prepare work schedules and process time cards. Assign specific job duties. Monitor and evaluate performance. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Shipping and receiving: Manage the movement of products into and out of facility utilizing company fleet and third party freight lines.
- Inventory control and management. Make sure inventory is received, inventoried and shipped in acceptable condition. Control inventory dollars and meet inventory turn goals set by the company. Coordinate physical inventories at least twice a year.
- Coordinate operational activities to provide the best customer service to maximize revenues and profits while meeting on time delivery schedules. Implement operational plans to improve productivity and efficiency
- Manage maintenance of forklifts, trucks and facility.
- Manage operational budget
- Safety – maintain adherence to company and OSHA rules, regulations and procedures to make sure all employees and customers are protected and have a safe work environment.
- Perform sales tasks such as taking sales calls, entering orders, assisting customers and stocking shelves
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Operations management experience
- Multi-task in fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Should be honest, ethical, dedicated, dependable and approachable
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Decision maker
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Clearly communicate (oral and written)
- Effective presentations
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- College degree or industry relevant management experience
Commercial Metals Company - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard