This position is for a Tier 2 associate in the SSC or NCC SSA locations. These positions are responsible for the monitoring and management of the SSA customer network and are manned 24x7x365. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager; hours are flexible and are determined by the needs of the team. Off tours may be required. The associate's responsibilities include:
Knowledge of HP Network Automation.
- Serving as primarily in support of Network Operations by managing customer devices, identifying sources of problems, and resolving configuration issues.
- Engaging equipment and service vendors that support network operations.
- Directly interfacing with clients; responding to client requests, and notifying clients of network problems and business impacts.
- Directing interfacing with various internal CENTURYLINK groups to resolve clients network and security issues.
- Understanding and reviewing action plans for planned and unplanned changes to client's network/infrastructure.
- Performing root cause analysis, complex implementations and network configurations.
- Handling performance monitoring and management, interpretation and reporting. Job Requirements -BSCS/EE degree or equivalent of 3-5 years diversified WAN experience.
- Advanced troubleshooting/problem determination skills with Cisco products to include the ability to isolate and resolve end-to-end connectivity issues with CPE router and Telco circuits, coordinating any required testing or dispatch among site, vendor(s), and telcos/LECs.
A candidate for this position should be able to work independently, with peers, customers, and supplier teams; to prioritize numerous deliverables on multiple projects; interface directly with all levels of management; and to develop and schedule reports through multiple InfoServers using custom databases. Must be willing to submit and successfully complete Government Agency Clearance request. Work location is Baltimore, Maryland, and Durham, North Carolina; no virtual office or relocation available.
- Knowledge of basic IP routing, routing protocols BGP and EIGRP, MPLS and QOS, VoIP, SNA, DLSw+.
- Familiarity with satellite operations and/or network security concepts is beneficial.
- Experience using trouble ticket tracking system (e.g. Remedy, Peregrine, Action Request System).
- Experience using Network monitoring tools (e.g. Openview, Netview, Netcool).
- Strong verbal communications and listening skills to provide exceptional customer service.
- The determination to increase skills to meet changing customer requirements
- Desire to continually increase technical proficiency (e.g. obtaining CCNA certification) to meet changing customer requirements.
Applicants must be eligible to obtain a SSA Public Trust clearance. Current openings are all three shifts. Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...