The Operations Support Tech will work in a challenging, hands-on environment supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD) and other specialized customers in support of National Cyber Protection System (NCPS) initiatives.
This position supports DHS in providing operations and logistics to migrate Government civilian (.gov) internet services to a custom aggregation service. Candidate will be responsible for ordering, implementation, and repair support of DHS custom data services, and must communicate effectively with peers, CenturyLink centers, and customers. Will require hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls in a Hosting and office environment.
• Associate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the communications, networking and/or security fields
• Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
• Experience with Juniper and or Cisco equipment, knowledgeable in BGP routing, IPSec, and VLANS
• Ability to follow MOP, anticipate problems, and proactively take corrective action.
• Understand and research technical issues through vendor documentation.
• Required computer skills include: Outlook, MS Office application suite, internal ticketing systems, and circuit topology and testing tools.
Candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense TOPSECRET clearance.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard