1. Assists with outpatient surgical procedures performed in oral surgery. Anticipate surgical needs including instruments, sutures, etc. Monitors and observes sedated patients by blood pressure monitor, EKG monitor and pulse oximeter under the direction of clinic nurse and/or faculty/resident for indications of abnormal reaction during surgical procedures.
2. Assist faculty and residents at the chairside in the care of patients. Performs pre and post operative instructions for routine outpatient procedures. Assists in preparation of patients for local, conscious and general anesthesia.
3. Responsible for maintaining operatories and equipment. Insures asepsis and that clinical supplies are maintained and restocked.
1. Dental Assisting Certification with one year experience.
2. Certification in CPR and Dental Radiology.
Health Assessment Required