- High school diploma or GED required
The OR Technician II functions in the surgical scrub role for operative and invasive procedures and performs all related duties as assigned, may assist in circulating duties under RN supervision. The ORT II teaches as a preceptor, new employees and presents in-service education for specialty equipment or instrumentation.
· Must be a graduate of accredited program for Surgical Technologist. \
· 2+yrs experience in a highly skilled acute care setting or outpatient OR setting required.
PLEASE NOTE: For all positions NCH Healthcare System requires supporting documentation such as a diploma, degree or transcripts to support educational requirements of the position.
- Certification with the National Assoc of OR Techs is required.
- Can function expertly or as a resource in his/her main specialty and on all emergency procedures (AAA, Craniotomy, Bring-back Open Heart etc.)
- Cross trained to all specialties including 2 nd scrub in open heart.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association required.
NCH Healthcare - 19 months ago