To provide patient care under the direction of the RN, using the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Del Sol Medical Center.
Neonate to geriatrics
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
2. Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
3. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of the patients' right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
5. Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the Registered Nurse.
6. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Diploma from an accredited Operating Room Tech school.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and write basic English.
Able to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
HCA Inc - 13 months ago