Precise Software Solutions, a global, enterprise software Start-up Company based in Redwood Shores, California is looking for an Order Management Specialist to be based in their headquarters office in Redwood Shores.
The right candidate will describe themselves as a process oriented, ambitious, quick starter, fast learner, with 3-5 years of relevant work experience honed in a customer (non-technical) support technology environment. You must have a passion for a fast paced environment and be able to maintain a sense of urgency. At times, especially quarter end, you will be expected to work late hours and an occasional weekend, depending on demand.
This is not currently a management position, but will report into the Senior Director of Worldwide Sales Operations.
If you know what a CPU is, and can understand that software is licensed, not sold, then read on.
The Order Management Specialist (OMS) owns the order processing function and ensures the accuracy of the CRM application while providing support to the billing function, account team, and associated client base. This includes meeting requirements and deadlines in an accurate and timely manner, and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the revenue cycle. This function is the main administrative support role for sales. The OMS takes actions to ensure all client positions are accurate for sales reporting, order and invoice processing. The OMS understands full functionality of order management systems. Working closely with, sales, and other internal teams - the OMS proactively seeks to meet daily and monthly goals. This role utilizes project management skills in coordination with organizational and relational abilities to promote excellence in teamwork and service.
- Own the order processing workflow and functions.
- Work with Sales and Legal as appropriate to ensure contracts & applicable documents are complete.
- Verify information required to process orders (user data, product reference details, installation details, exchange requests, billing dates, sales codes, billing account contacts)
- Ensure appropriate approvals are in place prior to order acceptance and keep retrievable records.
- Escalate all delays to internal departments where interaction is required.
- Gather and report weekly and monthly booking details and Sales Metrics.
- Calculate monthly commissions.
- Maintain accurate client site billing & location details, and contact/user records on internal systems
- Provide timely support and resolutions regarding Data and Compliance issues
- Provide reporting as requested and maintain data integrity for CRM application
- When called upon, establish key client relationships in order to facilitate improved administration and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate on a daily basis with relevant groups to participate in pending bookings, ensuring follow-up actions are completed
- When called upon, liaise with sales and clients for issues relating to customer administration issues
- Establish communication between internal and external groups
- Provide timeline and set expectations
- Coordinate orders and interfaces with the Accounting organization’s billing group
- Contribute to new process releases and system enhancements by providing insight and performing tests
- Work with Sales and Client to identify "time-saving" and "cost-saving" opportunities where needed
Ability to work as a team-player and look for opportunities to improve the team’s performance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, NetSuite and Salesforce.com
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to grasp technical concepts, operating systems, data communications and networking
- Good understanding of internal admin systems
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and work in a team
- Understanding of compliance with company practices and methods of working
- Ability to work independently on multiple activities, showing appropriate level of prioritization and escalation skills
- Flexibility and an appreciation of a fast-moving and international environment
- More than 3 years customer support and/or order processing experience within software or relevant industry
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Software licensing and distribution
- Contract Management
- Quoting and sales proposal generation