Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: Apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 40 years, Polo's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
PRIMARY PURPOSE :
Responsible for packing, sorting, counting and sealing cartons for order shipment and carton assembly. This process includes, but is not limited to, receiving, filling and moving boxed product/cases to the appropriate locations within the Distribution Center in order to provide accurate customer order fulfillment.
Work Conditions :
- Prepare for workday with appropriate tools and materials before reporting to workstation.
- Receive distribution and appropriate paperwork from DCC.
- Efficiently use RF device and/or paperwork and record amount of materials received, labeled and provided a shipping ID to complete all orders.
- Open multiple source cases at a time with appropriate cutting technique (safety first).
- Gather a reasonable amount of units to carry from source case to destination cartons.
- Seal cartons when volume dictates or when you are idle, utilizing the “H” formation when taping cartons.
- Identify cartons for appropriate zone marked “next” for easy visibility.
- Assembles customer order from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Move source cases towards back of zone while completing movement into destination cartons.
- Marks materials with identifying information and research product discrepancies as they arise.
- Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Pack neatly, accurately and efficiently by SKU from associated paperwork.
- Work indirect functions such as print apply, no read line and quality assurance areas.
- Operate pallet jacks and push/pull picking carts as needed.
- Uses computer to enter records; PkMS knowledge (contingent).
- May on a continuous basis walk, bend, push, pull and lift multiple completed cases to the appropriate work zones while practicing proper safety procedures, as well as work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel.
- Must have the proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction and meet required schedules and/or deadlines.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Temperature fluctuation should be considered while in a warehouse environment.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on–time daily.
Polo Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- A proven track record in school or work experience utilizing good communication skills and basic mathematical skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or part of team in order to attain individual/departmental production goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Previous experience in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on high volume, measurable performance and understanding of how individual performance affects others in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to perform, and a history of performing, job duties in a safe manner.
Must have problem solving and follow up skills.
- Must be able to report to work on time and work all scheduled shift hours to include, but not limited to, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts.
- Maintain clean work environment;5S all applicable work areas.
- Other duties as assigned. Essential duties are subject to change in order to keep up with the new or expanding business models.
Ralph Lauren - 17 months ago
Ralph Lauren Corporation is galloping at a faster clip than when its namesake founder first entered the arena some 45 years ago. With golden...