Are you the safety expert we want? We have a lot on the line. Our staff and residents mean everything to us, so our safety consultant has to be top-of-the-line, motivated and able to work independently.
A little about us
Care Initiatives is Iowas largest not for profit senior care provider. We proudly own and operate 44 skilled nursing facilities, 8 assisted living centers, and 6 hospice hubs throughout Iowa. A map of our facility locations can be found on our web site.
Our ideal candidate
Our Safety Consultant provides expertise in the review of safety policies and procedures, incident prevention programs, education and enforcement, reporting and documentation, & more. The following are key elements to this position:
Bachelors degree OR equivalent experience in managing a corporate safety program, designing and delivering training programs, and OSHA compliance.
Will work closely with our Administrators and facility/corporate staff to ensure we are OSHA compliant and make recommendations to enhance the current safety programs and equipment at each location.
Strong knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations and ability to cite violation(s).
Designs and conducts training to both large and small groups.
Will be hands on with a roll-up the sleeves' approach.
Requires working independently, decision making competency, flexibility with scheduling, time management, and self drive and initiative.
Adheres to company policies and procedures and leads by example.
Able to travel throughout the state 3-4 days/week with occasional overnight stays.
Candidates must live in Central Iowa (within an hour of Des Moines) and be insurable by Care Initiatives, i.e. no high risk auto insurance.
Working in the long-term healthcare industry is very fulfilling and ever changing. We offer a competitive salary and health benefits package, generous vacation package, company vehicle, & more.
If you are our next Safety Consultant, email resume with salary history to Kelly Banning at email@example.com or apply on-line at www.careinitiatives.org. AA/EOE
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Must be insurable by Care Initiatives auto insurance carrier.
- Available to work Monday through Friday and carry company cell phone for night and weekend calls.
- Overnight travel is required.
- Valid Iowa Drivers License.
- Degree in Safety Management or equivalent experience.
APPLY NOW! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to coordinate a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and able to function independently
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Working Knowledge of OSHA regulations and the inspection process
- Familiarity with business insurance programs
- Working knowledge of accident prevention techniques
CareerBuilder keywords: Care Initiatives, Iowa, OSHA, Safety, Train, Management, Consultant, Nursing Home, Long Term Care, EHS,
- 24 months ago - save job
Care Initiatives is committed to providing quality transitional health care and serving Iowans with compassion, dignity, and respect.