Robbinsdale Rehab & Care Ctr is a leading provider of short-term rehab and located three blocks from North Memorial Medical Center. This is not your typical nursing home environment. Our 100 bed facility has a heavy concentration of head injury patients of all ages – young adults to geriatrics. We have an outpatient unit, a 28 bed TCU, a large gym with ACP, an ADL kitchen, Wii gaming, Lymphedema programming, and an Art Therapy program. We offer hand held documentation devises and a well tenured therapy team.
To provide occupational therapy services in accordance with EHSI/ProStep policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations. Direction and supervision of Occupational Therapist Assistants as indicated.
1. EMPLOYEES: Supervision/Orientation/In-servicing
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Participates in the orientation and training of new staff
- Participates in the supervision of assistants/students/volunteers and support staff as appropriate
- Assists in new employee orientation as requested by management
- Supports and participates in the On-Boarding process
- Presents clinical in-services to colleagues and/or facility staff as requested by management
3. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Communication/ Cooperation/ Team Effectiveness
- Secures and develops customers trust and confidence by treating customers with dignity and respect
- Ensures that customers, clients, and employees receive the highest quality of service in an attentive and responsive atmosphere
- Behaves in a professional manner and provides appropriate feedback and demonstrates active listening skills
4. CLINICAL/QUALITY/COMPLIANCE: Caseload Management
- Works effectively with customers, staff, and others toward common goals and deals effectively with situations involving the attitudes, opinions and feelings of others
- Actively and positively contributes to morale and team-work and requires the same as subordinates
- Collaborates with facility peers and subordinates to ensure quality customer care programming
- Keeps employees, clients, and the customer informed and uses clear, accurate and concise in communications
- Deals effectively with situations involving the attitudes, opinions and feelings of others
5. CLINICAL/QUALITY/COMPLIANCE: Screenings/Evaluations
- Employee maintains appropriate patient caseload as per ProStep productivity standards
- Participates in the implementation of Pro-Step clinical programs and protocols
6. CLINICAL/QUALITY/COMPLIANCE: Therapeutic intervention/Documentation
- Performs timely and appropriate customer screens per ProStep protocol
- Performs evaluations in accordance with MDS orders and according to ProStep protocol identifying appropriate short term and long term goals
7. CLINICAL/QUALITY/COMPLIANCE: Interdisciplinary team interaction
- Develops and implements treatment plan congruent with evaluation findings, customer goals, clinical judgment and physician orders
- Adjusts goals/treatment plan as indicated by changes in customer performance and/or goals
- Conducts appropriate family and caregiver training
- Maintains complete, accurate, and up-to-date time records via the SMART system
- Writes daily and weekly progress notes, supervisory notes and monthly summaries in accordance with Pro-Step policies and protocols
8. CLINICAL/QUALITY/COMPLIANCE: Professional Education
- Participates regularly in customer related team meetings and attends meetings and in-services as directed by the FRC
- Prepares customer’s discharge plans in coordination with other team members
- Generates appropriate customer referrals to other services
9. CLINICAL/QUALITY/COMPLIANCE: Standards of Practice/Compliance/Regulatory
- Assumes responsibility to achieve/maintain optimum skill level by engaging in available educational opportunities
- Adheres to ethical, legal, and practice standards according to federal and state regulations, state licensure acts, professional guidelines and code of ethics for your profession.
- Adheres to ethical legal and practice standards according to Medicare guidelines, long-term care regulations, and the appropriate national accrediting organization
- Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with Extendicare Health Services Inc. and ProStep’s Corporate Compliance Program
11. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Organizational Commitment
- Effects revenue enhancement or cost containment where possible
- Demonstrates a sense of priority in getting jobs done through assuming responsibility, taking initiative, meeting reasonable time estimates and effectively controls completed assignments
- Identifies and focuses on key issues, and formulates the plan to pursue them by developing solutions and new ways of thinking about situations
- Demonstrates the ability to set realistic goals for personal professional growth
12. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA: OSHA/Safety
- Demonstrates an understanding of Pro-Steps goals, policies, and procedures and “champions” the same.
- Serves as a role model adopting practices which promote the expansion of the ProStep business model and actively promotes ProStep through participation in marketing calls, school affiliations, community relations, etc
- Ability to adjust to new situations, methods and procedures
13. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA: Resident Rights
- Maintains the physical environment of the rehabilitation department, including space allocation and equipment maintenance in accordance with OSHA, state and EHSI policies and procedures
- Knows and follows facility rules and demonstrates proper use of equipment, promptly reporting equipment needs or repairs
- Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to supervisor
- Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan
- Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures, including use of required protective equipment
14. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA: HIPAA
- Knows Resident Rights, helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights
- Reports resident/patient complaints to management, maintaining confidentiality of resident/patient information
15. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA: Technical Competence/Work Rules
- Follows and adheres to Extendicare’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information
- Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. (Applies only if position
- Reports all suspected violation of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee
16. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA: Flexibility and Time Management
- Has mastered the policies, procedures and operations of the job and applies knowledge and skills to the position
- Maintains confidentiality of customer, Pro-Step, co-workers, and facility information
- Complies with the general work rules of Pro- Step as outlined in the Policy and Procedure manual
- Keeps current on developments in respective field
- Adjusts behavior, style, or schedule as situations change, including working overtime, holidays and weekends as scheduled
- Provides coverage as needed and organizes time to meet or exceed the needs of patients, team, client, and company
Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
The designation of “essential functions” and “other duties” is for purposes of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Employees holding this position will be required to perform all job duties, consistent with law. In addition, employees must meet applicable health requirements imposed by law.
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer. The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Education : Graduate of accredited entry level occupational therapy program. State credentialing/licensure as required.
Experience : Experience in long term care and membership in professional organization is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities : Synthesis of knowledge related to anatomy, physiology, and pathology for effective evaluation and treatment of movement and cognitive disorders. Sound clinical judgment relating to the provision of occupational therapy services. Collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary team in delivery of patient care to maximize functional outcomes. Knowledge of federal and state regulations and professional guidelines as relates to delivery of occupational therapy services. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk (*) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
Keywords: physical, manual therapy, geriatric, healthcare, orthopedic, acute care, rehab, rehabilitation, home health, SNF, ALF, hospital, clinic, neuro, neurological, sub acute, post acute, outpatient, Skilled Nursing, modalities, ADL, activities of daily living, OT, OTR, OTA, COTA Occupational therapy, Occupational therapist, Occupational therapy Assistant, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical therapy, physical therapist, physical therapy assistant, PT, P.T.,PTA, speech therapy, speech pathology, speech pathologist, speech therapist, SLP, CFY, SLP-CCC, SLP-CFY, swallowing, vital stim, dysphasia, aphasia, video fluoroscopy, manager, supervisor, team leader, director of rehabilitation, director of rehab, DOR, PAMS, ACP
For more information:
email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProStepJobs
Or check out our website: www.prosteprehab.com
If you can hear yourself saying one of the following:
"Helping People Live Better."
"Revolutionizing Post-Acute Therapy."
A challenging and exciting career at Extendicare, ProStep or VCPI awaits you. We value our customers and our teams who care for them. We are enthusiastic about helping others by providing quality care, rehabilitation and IT services. If you are interested in a rewarding career, passionate staff, and a diverse team apply today.
ProStep Rehabilitation - 2 years ago
ProStep Rehab offers comprehensive rehabilitative services including physical, occupational and speech therapy services in a variety of...