This is an outside sales position developing and implementing advertising in the help wanted/ recruitment category. Most of employee’s time will be spent out of the office calling on current and potential advertising customers for all products of The News & Observer. This includes the Sunday Work & Money, Careerbuilder, Aftercollege.com, topjobs, video jobs, community paper, online advertising such as banners, and other recruitment targeted features such as, but not limited to, Celebrate Nursing, Allied Health, Schools & Colleges, etc.
Involvement in various organizations such as the Raleigh Chamber and SHRM are required. Attending networking events and building our profile within these organizations will increase awareness of our offerings. This may include attending after work networking functions.
- Increase advertising in this category by developing and selling advertising to major employers in the triangle.
- Help territory reps sell recruitment product to their customers, especially when new businesses are opening, including major big box organizations.
- Develop and implement an annual online job fair with our vendors.
- Manage and market trianglejobs.com through facebook, twitter and other social media.
- Attend trade shows and job fairs representing trianglejobs.com, careerbuilder and all of The News & Observer products.
Ideal candidate will have proven outside sales success in this category. Education should include a degree in marketing and extensive training in HR and sales or equivalent job related experience. Candidate must have excellent marketing experience and computer skills. Familiarity and proven experience with social media required.
Candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
The News & Observer Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
The McClatchy Company - 2 years ago