This position requires an Occupational Therapist with a current license in the State of Ohio.
May provide a health statement signed by a physician and must show evidence of a current negative tuberculin skin test or x-ray. Thereafter an annual tuberculin skin test is required, unless the employee has documentation of a previous positive T.B. test. Employee must be free of physical/medical conditions which would limit or restrict their ability to perform the job functions listed below. Bloodborne Exposure risk is all.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties as assigned)
1. Provides occupational therapy services as prescribed by a physician and evaluates the Patient’s level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic procedures.
2. Develops patient’s plan of care for occupational therapy services and delivers services in accordance with approved plan of treatment and plan of care.
3. Guides the patient in his/her use of therapeutic, creative and self-care activities for the purpose of improving function.
4. Documents observations and activities in compliance with agency policy. Notifies the patient care manager and physician immediately if there is a change in the patient’s physical or emotional status.
5. Conducts in-service programs relative to occupational therapy role and treatment program to agency personnel as needed.
6. Supervises Occupational Therapy Assistants.
7. Instructs the patient, family members, and other health team personnel in certain phases of occupational therapy which they may use to work with the patient.
8. Uses activities and home exercise programs to improve range of motion, muscle strength, and coordination through passive/active exercise and/or activity.
9. Participates in case conferences and meetings as needed.
10. The OT will maintain 3 hours of Inservice training per calendar year and attend/complete mandatory Inservices.
Alternate Solutions Homecare - 15 months ago