Location: Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Position: Occupational Therapist
Unit: Physical Therapy
General Statement of Duties:
Evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treat patients according to physician's orders; maintains required records and notes on patient care; assumes responsibility for patient charges; provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same. Takes initiative for professional development and education and maintains annual requirements. Completes assignments independently, and fosters an environment of teamwork, quality and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Evaluates patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient's age and development.
2. Documents evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
3. Determines the efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes and the utilization of COTA's, students and support personnel.
4. Supervises the daily activities of the COTA, and support personnel, in the provision of patient care to facilitate desired changes in patient function toward stated goals.
5. Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, PT's and SLP's to implement and assess the intervention program.
6. Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelors in Occupational Therapy. Texas Occupational Therapy License issued by the Texas State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Prefer membership in the AOTA.
Prefer one or more years of experience in Occupational Therapy Setting: Acute, Inpatient Rehab, Pediatrics, Outpatient as appropriate.
Minimum License and Certificates Required
Licensed Occupational Therapist
HCA Inc - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Find yourself on the losing end of a battle at the Alamo? Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio can fix even the most serious of war...