Join our new Rehabilitation Center coming in May, 2013.
As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, Central Florida Regional Hospital enhances patient care by attracting the most qualified healthcare professionals in the region. Our award-winning 226-bed acute care facility is home to the only open heart program in the county. We offer a commitment to advanced technologies and an opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of professionals. Our recognized Centers of Excellence include:
Chest Pain Center with PCI * Heart & Vascular Institute * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Diabetes Education Program (ADA)
Located along picturesque Lake Monroe in Sanford, Florida, our team is devoted to caring. Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. EOE
In accordance with physicians orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Participates in patient discharge planning.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
In the process of Level II Trauma designation, the first in the area!
Work and play at Lake Malone!
Serene location, compassionate staff,...