Coordinated Health: Occupational Therapist - Skilled Nursing Facility
Are you looking for a job with true purpose and meaning? Do you enjoy a good challenge and making a big difference in the lives of people and the community? Does the idea of putting a dent in the healthcare universe get you excited? If you answered yes to the above, then you have found the right place.
Coordinated Health (CH) is a privately held, tightly managed, growing, for-profit hospital network positioning itself to succeed in the post healthcare reform world. The company utilizes a disruptive business model that focuses on the integral relationship between cost and revenues, while driving the highest patient outcome and satisfaction. It is a belief that success comes in providing healthcare that is both affordable and accessible. Founded over 25 years ago by renowned musculoskeletal surgeon/CEO, Emil DiIorio, CH maintains a unique business strategy that focuses on service and business lines as well as tight management of overhead. Our strategy includes:
• Separation of business models according to payment types
• Focused (limited) number of service lines (including Musculoskeletal, Women's Heath, Cardiology and Primary Care/Employer Services)
• Integrated service lines (Imaging, Rehab, 2-hospitals and 15+ clinics)
This strategy enables a unique competitive advantage that links value chain activities to quality care and competitive pricing. It also drills down to the income statement and balance sheet by decreasing complexity, overhead, and cost. For 25 years, CH has maintained an unmatched commitment to excellence in quality, cost and patient satisfaction. As a result, we have earned a reputation for the best doctors, clinical teams and support staffs in the healthcare industry. That’s why for four consecutive years, our hospitals have been voted #1 in patient satisfaction as a state and national leader in joint replacements.
Today, CH’s 1,200 employees see more than 11,000 patients weekly at the company’s two hospitals and 15+ clinics throughout the Lehigh Valley, eastern PA and western NJ. CH has become a leader in musculoskeletal care, with a focus on creating an integrated and next generation model for delivering healthcare.
Position: Occupational Therapist - Skilled Nursing Facility
CH is looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist (OT) for our brand new twelve bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) in Allentown. Our state of the art SNF will allow our patients to recover under the supervision of CH physicians, nurses and rehabilitation staff in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
Reports to: Director of Rehabilitation and SNF Administrator/DON
Direct Reports: None
Key Activities for an Occupational Therapist - Skilled Nursing Facility
Occupational Therapists provide services that improve the ability to perform tasks from patients’ daily living and working environments. Occupational Therapists not only help people to improve their basic motor functions, but also to compensate for permanent loss of function. At CH, Occupational Therapists focus on the hand and wrist. Primary areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
• Examining patients’ medical histories and completing initial evaluations of upper extremity conditions, ADL and IADL capacity as well as cognitive and perceptual deficits
• Developing a treatment plan for patients describing the treatment strategy, its purpose, and its anticipated outcome. OTs clearly document the treatment plans in patients’ charts via Rehab Optima and communicate the treatment plan to clinicians, patients, and patients’ families.
• Performing or supervising treatment using different modalities.
• Providing wound care.
• Fabricating or supervising the fabrication of splints.
• Educating patients about the rehabilitation process and outline expected outcomes.
• Teaching patients to use assistive and/ or adaptive devices – OTs physically illustrate and implement exercises to do at home or in a fitness center.
• Helping with filing, scheduling, and other administrative work as needed.
• Ensuring site compliance with regulatory items including but not limited to site environmental surveys, quarterly drills, monthly hand washing audits, and process improvement
• Participating in Rehab Department Process Improvement initiatives
• Other duties as assigned by the Rehab Team Leader or the SNF Administrator/DON
The Next Step to Becoming an Occupational Therapist at our Skilled Nursing Facility: Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
• Pennsylvania State Occupational Therapist license
• Masters in Occupational Therapy from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
• BLS certification
• Certification from NBCOT
• Computer literacy to include Microsoft Office and internal computer systems
Why Coordinated Health?
• The Coordinated Health Experience: Our teams are committed to treating every patient with respect and genuine compassion.
• Convenience: We work around our patient’s lives and busy schedules. Most of our facilities are open 7-days a week, with extended evening and weekend hours.
• Coordinated and Integrated Care: We work in close connection with CH physicians as well as outside referring providers to facilitate the delivery of care through a system wide electronic health record and PACs system. We provide the answers physicians need to initiate treatment faster.
• World-Class Hospitals: Our hospitals and out-patient facilities work together as cross-functional teams. Our physicians are part of Coordinated Health’s multidisciplinary teams in: Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, Spine, Sports Medicine, Foot & Ankle, Hand & Wrist, Gynecology, Breast Care, Cardiology and Primary Care.
• Experience and History: Founded in 1985, Coordinated Health cares for more than 11,000 patients each week and is a proud member of the communities we serve.
Coordinated Health - 4 months ago