Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation Services/Advanced Pain Center and directly to the Manager and lead of respective site. Responsible and accountable for provision of comprehensive occupational therapy services within the Bloomington Hospital system including patient assessment, reassessment, development and revision of treatment plan, progression of treatment, and discharge planning. Keeps informed of and adheres to local, state and federal regulations affecting the practice of respective disciplines in regards to supervision, treatment, documentation, and reimbursement; adheres to profession's Code of Ethics. Participates as an active department team member and promotes rehabilitation services in BH and community. Collaborates with the patient/caregiver, referring physician, coworkers, and other health care professionals as needed. Other responsibilities include supervision and appropriate delegation of tasks to support staff and volunteers and provision of education to patients, students, staff, other health care providers, and to the community. Also participates as a mentor to coworkers, students and volunteers.
This is a special weekend shift program working 16 scheduled hours per weekend and getting paid for 24. The employee is required to make a commitment to work every weekend for a minimum of 6 months (with the exception of 2 weekends off). Employees working weekend shifts also make weekend shift differential in addition to their regular hourly rate. Benefits are based on the 16 hour work week (part time benefit eligibility) unless multiple part time positions are held.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an ACOTE -approved occupational therapy curriculum is required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
- Rehabilitation experience preferred, will hire new graduate.
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers or Red Cross Professional Rescuer required.
- Licensed or temporary license to practice occupational therapy in the state of Indiana.
- *Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Walking and Computer Usage
- Frequently (34 - 66%): Sitting, Twisting, Reaching, Kneeling/Squatting, and Bending/Stooping
- Occasionally (1 - 33%): Climbing Stairs
- Rarely (< 1%): Crawling and Climbing Ladder
- Will occasionally carry up to 50 lbs and rarely carry above 51 lbs
- Will occasionally lift up to 100 lbs and rarely lift above 101 lbs
- Will occasionally pull up to 100 lbs and rarely above 101 lbs
- Will occasionally push 100 lbs and rarely above 101 lbs