Plans, organizes, and provides professional services in restorative, functional and preventative therapeutic programs to patients, including all primary evaluation and formalization of an occupational therapy plan to facilitate rehabilitation of the mentally, physically or emotionally handicapped. Works closely with patients and family to establish and meet treatment goals.
REVIEWS AND EVALUATES PHYSICIAN'S ORDERS, PATIENT'S MEDICAL RECORDS, AND PERFORMS PATIENT TESTS TO DETERMINE PATIENT'S FUNCTIONAL LEVELS AND THE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY TREATMENT REQUIRED.
ADMINISTERS MANUAL THERAPEUTIC EXERCISES TO IMPROVE OR MAINTAIN MUSCLE FUNCTION.
- Selects and accurately performs appropriate tests and measurements after reviewing and evaluating the physician's orders and patient's medical records.
- Creates meaningful and effective programs that are consistent with the physician's prescriptions, direction, and goals.
- Recommends proper and appropriate medical equipment, orthoses, or accessories and supplies pertinent to best medical management of patient's disabilities, disease, or wound.
INSTRUCTS, MOTIVATES AND ASSISTS PATIENTS AND FAMILY IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PROCEDURES TO BE CONTINUED AT HOME AND IN NON-MANUAL EXERCISES SUCH AS ACTIVE REGIMENS AND DAILY LIVING ACTIVITIES.
- Supervises and instructs patients in the areas of physical functions, prosthetic/orthotic use, functional mobility, ADL, perceptual-motor, sensory integration and community reintegration in a safe, considerate and professional manner consistent with the physician's prescriptions, directions, and goals established for the patient's benefit.
- Evaluates treatment efficacy and patient progress to aid in ascertaining program effectiveness and revising specifics of treatment programs.
ASSESSES NEED FOR ORTHOTIC AND PROSTHETIC DEVICES AND FABRICATES ORTHOTIC AND ADAPTIVE DEVICES.
- Establishes programs that are consistent with occupational therapy tools and will benefit the patients' well being.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Accurately evaluates fits and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommends modifications to orthotist.
- Maintains accurate records and prepares timely reports in accordance with department, Scott & White and regulatory policies, procedures, and guidelines.
BCLS-PALS-ACLS get 30d aft exp
Basic Cardiac Life Support
TX Lic Occupational Therapist
Scott & White - 30+ days ago