St Lucie is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie has also been voted as a top five “Destination Hospital for Nurses.” With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents.
For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fourth consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence!
In accordance with physician’s orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient
's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Participates in patient discharge planning.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 21 months ago