- Evaluates clients deriving pertinent information form the client record and initial evaluation visit.
- Identifies client problems from initial visit and clinical records.
- Plans treatment basing program in referral recommendations and evaluates findings.
- Skillfully provides treatment to clients by observing precautions and contraindications, and making changes as needed.
- Teaches client and/ or family to facilitate independence.
- Suggests devices, as appropriate. Procures order for those requiring physician’s approval. Records evaluation findings, treatment plan with goals, clinical notes, and discharge summaries in client record using a problem oriented approach.
- Schedules clients to allow for treatment and personal attention.
- Discuss clinical problems with the physician and other team members.
- Participates in scheduled team conferences when relevant to clients.
- Refers clients to other services, when appropriate.
- Supervises, instructs, and follows through home health aide and/ or care giver of occupational therapy treatment procedures.
- Arrange for medical supplies, adaptive equipment and prosthetics, as necessary.
- Confers with the billing staff on insurance.
- Communicates in an informative manner, adapted to the appropriate level of comprehension with; client and/ or family, home health personnel, physicians, and other services and/ or facilities.
- Submits plan of treatment information for each patient within 48 hours of initial visit.
- OT Licensure for the State of Maryland
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum or be eligible for the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Minimum of one year occupational therapy experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care primarily to the geriatric population, and to a lesser degree, the pediatric and adult population.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Reliable transportation, and valid state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Current CPR certification.
Resumes can be forwarded to Karen.M.Truitt@medstar.net
Southern Maryland Hospital Center - 9 months ago