Provides quality outpatient services to patients, including assessment, treatment program planning and implementation, discharge planning, related documentation, education and communication.
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities
1. Selects and implements appropriate evaluation methods, completing all components of the assessment form, and administers and interprets standardized tests accurately.
2. Develops plan of care including goals, timeframes and appropriate treatment interventions, patient/significant other education needs and outcomes.
3. Implements treatment utilizing methods which are age specific and appropriate to the assessed areas of need.
4. Documents the evaluation findings, response to treatment, education of the patient and significant other(s), and summation of treatment.
5. Regulates treatment of patients by formal and informal team conferencing, maintaining appropriate schedule within established systems and terminating services appropriately.
6. Completes patient charges and statistics according to established systems.
7. Assists as needed with maintaining equipment and supplies.
B. Professional Growth:
1. Participates in all mandatory departmental and system-wide meetings and inservices
2. Adheres to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
3. Attends educational workshops/seminars as appropriate.
Current Licenses - Required
Current State of Maine Occupational Therapist (OT) License is required Education – the level of knowledge usually acquired through completion of: Bachelor’s degree, Occupational Therapy preferred Experience - Preferred
Up to 1 year preferred
Other Special Skills – Preferred Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
MaineGeneral Health's mission is to enhance, every day, the health of the people in the greater Kennebec Valley.