Process shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. The individual will have contact with customers, carriers and potential customers on a daily basis, must be proactive in providing quality customer service and have the ability to handle pressure and responsibility in a fast pace environment and in a timely and affective manner. The successful candidate must have good customer service skill and handle dual task. Being proactive in providing quality customer service is a must.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Furnish rates on daily basis to customers, potential customers and inside personnel.
- Negotiate rates
- Prepare documentation, dock receipts, bills of lading, export declarations.
- File SED’s (Shippers Export Declarations)
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
- Provide accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Communicate with customers regarding disposition of Freight
- . Seek the most profitable mode of shipment, yet meet customer’s requirement for the movement of freight.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of the Import/Export industry preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (verbally and intuitively) effectively with both customers and internal personnel.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be career-oriented, hard-working, quick learner and have excellent recall for past events/situations/numbers.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and maintain a drug free workplace.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two to four years related experience.
- Minimum two year industry experience preferred.
Crane Worldwide - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard