Provides subject matter expertise and analysis in the area of emergency management related consequences of tsunami events to team members, US defense organizations and US allies.
Supports training and capability assessments with interagency and foreign partner nations for consequence management situations.
Contributes to and participates in, or leads defense and security enterprise analytical events such as force development, training, analysis, resource management, information technology.
Develops instructional objectives derived from capability and training assessments and collaborates with first responder, partner nation, and other interagency training managers to develop training and exercise curricula for foreign consequence management functions.
Supports the development of training and exercise plans for foreign partner nations. Activities include but are not limited to planning, organizing, and coordinating event facilitation, training/exercise event design, Master Scenario Events Listing (MSEL) development, exercise control cell development, and exercise/training event assessments.
Plans, organizes, and coordinates post-event activities such as after action reviews, hot washes, and after action reports.
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and facilitates preparatory activities such as senior leader seminars, workshops and conferences for the purpose of data gathering and plan/report development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide subject matter expertise in tsunamis and their consequences.
- Research, analyze and review open source material to produce discrete analyses.
- Understand and apply principles of foreign consequence management.
- Ability to perform tasks under deadlines and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
- Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with senior Government and Industry leaders.
- Must be capable of working at a computer terminal for extended periods.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be capable of transporting and lifting 40 pound boxes of documents and equipment.
- Must be able to travel unaccompanied to foreign and domestic locations.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Demonstrated expertise of physical and geological oceanographic phenomena related to tsunami events. Advanced degree in related discipline is required.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating expertise to others.
- Ability to relate tsunami effects to consequence/emergency management requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and planning emergency management operations at State and National levels is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring papers and narrative works relating to tsunami events and their effects
- Ability to support development of training, exercises, and detailed studies.
- Experience in facilitating and moderating working group discussions and speaking or presenting to large groups is required.
- Experience with defense organizations, foreign Governments, and Federal contracts is a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Applicant selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to access classified information.
- If candidate seeks an independent contractor / consulting (1099) relationship the candidate must provide their own computer processing and communication capability.
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
Cubic will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals with disabilities to participate in the hiring process. To request an accommodation with the hiring process, please send an email to Apply Assistance and a Cubic staffing representative will contact you.
Cubic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
- 2 years ago - save job
Who We Are
Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading technology...